10/29/08

An Update on This Blog

I am finally finishing up a large writing commitment that has kept me from this blog. In the last year a massive backlog of coptic and assorted bookbinding related stuff has stacked up. I have a lot of info culled from a few weeks at the Oriental Studies Library in Cambridge. I have a large stack of Nag Hammadi and related images to wander through, as well as some work on a few neglected Robinson articles that he so kindly directed me towards. I still haven't gotten around to talking about some of the papers on miniature books/amulets from the last SBL. And of course with the explosion of post-copyright stuff on Google Books, a lot of volumes that previously could not be had through inter-library loan now can be had anywhere with a wireless signal. I look forward to exploring some classic and forgotten resources on the history of books, paper, and ancient libraries right here on this blog.

Long story short, I look forward to getting back to this blog. And to great many who come here for the coptic bookbinding posts from a few years ago, there is more to come. I have been working on copying some extant coptic sewing and cover patterns, and will share images of that work here.

9 comments:

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

iPhone Cases said...

Great blog! 2945abc45 0210

Craig Chilvers said...

I just wanted to leave a comment to say that I enjoy your blog. Looking at the number of comments, I see others feel the same way! Congratulations on a very popular blog.

Car finance rates

Andrue Austin said...

Good write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a long time. “There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go.” by Tennessee Williams….
Cheapest Reliable Web Hosting

golf stayz said...

Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community.

Gold coast golf

asif ifteakhar said...

Thank you for the great article I did enjoyed reading it, I will be sure to
bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from again.
I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a good day

north london business oppotunities
london business group

DexSmart Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joana lui said...

It is great to observe somebody put enough craze towards a matter. I'm thankful that I stumbled upon this process. I am lucky I used the time to read on past the 1st paragraph. You have got a whole lot to say, very much to offer. I really hope guys understand this and look into your page.

safety deposit box
bank safety deposit boxes
mailbox post
residential mailboxes
gold bar for sale

Boris kreiman said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading what you all have to say


real estate law
how to buy a house
first time home buyer programs